Friday, December 24, 2004

The Land of Toque

Ah... Canada, eh?



The only information I found on the legendary Canadian clothing-for-your-head, known as the Toque, was an on-line dictionary that defined it as...

1. A woman's small, brimless, close-fitting hat.
2. A plumed velvet cap with a full crown and small rolled brim, worn in 16th-century France.



Inspired by my current vacation (or my temporary liberation from La Republica Americana), I've decided to come up with a top-ten list of...

...THINGS I'VE NOTICED THAT PROOVE I AM IN FACT NOW IN CANADA!!

1. The word "Democracy" actually means something when spoken in public.
2. I don't see any cars with obnoctious "Paul Martin for President" stickers on their bumpers.
3. When I watch the local news report, I'm find out what's really happening in Iraq.
4. I can breath the air.
5. Ketchup, I'm told, is in fact NOT a vegetable, because the local grocer stocks it in the CONDIMENTS ISLE!!!!
6. The fact that there's no Hockey this year, has actually effected daily life.
7. Saying "Eh" and "bean" and "aboot", doesn't render me a complete idiot.
8. There's something called "seasons" up here. In fact, right now, we are in the "season" of "winter".
9. I had a moose burger the other day.
10. Not everyone is a complete jack-ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home